JOBS BY EDUCATION
JOBS BY LOCATION
Find us on Facebook
Mumbai Port Trust Recruitment 2018 For 139 Apprentice posts
Mumbai Port Trust Recruitment 2018 For 139 Apprentice posts.Applications are invited in “offline” mode from the candidates (both male and female) meeting the following qualification and other parameters for engagement as Apprentices under Apprentices Act, 1961 (as amended from time to time) in the trade mentioned below.
About Mumbai Port Trust:
Mumbai Port Trust is a port which lies midway on the West coast of India, on the natural deep-water harbour of Mumbai, Maharashtra. The harbour spread over 400 square kilometres (150 sq mi) is protected by the mainland of Konkan to its east and north and by the island city of Mumbai to its west. The harbour opens to the south to the Arabian Sea. The port is administered by the Mumbai Port Trust (MbPT), an autonomous corporation wholly owned by the Government of India. The port is primarily used for bulk cargo, while most container traffic is directed to Nhava Sheva port across the harbour.
The first of the present-day docks of the Mumbai Port were built in the 1870s. Bombay Port Trust (BPT) was established as a corporation on June 26, 1873. BPT’s founding chairman was Colonel J.A. Ballard.Port development was undertaken by the civil engineering partnership Sir John Wolfe-Barry and Lt Col Arthur John Barry as Joint Consulting Engineers to the Bombay Port Trust at the end of the nineteenth century.From its establishment, the port has been the gateway to India, and was a primary factor in the emergence of Mumbai as the commercial capital of India. The port and the corporation took their present names in the 1990s.Over the decades, the port underwent tremendous expansion, with the addition of berths and cargo handling capacities. However, Mumbai’s expanding growth and population pressure constrained the growth of the port by the 1970s. This led to the establishment of the Nhava Sheva port across Mumbai Harbour in Navi Mumbai on the Konkan mainland. Nhava Sheva began operations in 1989, and most container traffic now flows through Nhava Sheva.
Mumbai Port Trust Recruitment 2018 Details:
Name of The Govt: Mumbai
Qualification: Passed National Trade Certificate Examination in the trade of Computer Operator and Programming
Role: Programming And System Administration Assistant
No of Posts: 139
Last Date for Apply online: 17-05-2018
Candidates should be Passed National Trade Certificate Examination in the trade of Computer Operator and Programming Assistant (COPA) in I.T.I. for Programming And System Administration Assistant (PASAA) posts.
Age Limit For Mumbai Port Trust Recruitment 2018:
- The age limit will be as per the rules and regulations and provision contained in Apprentices Act, 1961 (as amended from time to time) i.e. the applicant should not be less than 14 years of age on 01/05/2018 and there will be no upper age limit.
- b) Candidates, who have already undergone or undergoing apprenticeship training under Apprentice Act, 1961 in any other Govt. / Public Sector /Private Organization are NOT eligible to apply.
- c) The applicant should NOT have completed three years after passing of minimum qualification examination as on 01/05/2018.
There will be application fee of Rs.20/-.
Availability of application form:
The prescribed application form will be available on MbPT website (www.mumbaiport.gov.in) during the period from 26/04/2018 to 17/05/2018. The cost of application form will be Rs.20/- and it will be accepted in the form of crossed Indian Postal Order / Demand Draft / Banker’s Cheque/ Pay Order payable at Mumbai in favour of “The Board of Trustees of the Port of Mumbai”. Alternatively, cost of application form can be paid by NEFT, however, the candidates will have to attach necessary receipt with the offline submitted form.
The details of beneficiary are as under:
- Name of the beneficiary – The Board of Trustees of the Port of Mumbai
- Bank Account No. – 10996685430
- Type of the Bank Account – Current
- Name of the Bank – State Bank of India
- MICR Number – 400002010
- IFSC Code No. – SBIN0000300
The payment of the cost of application in any other forms will not be accepted. The physically handicapped candidates will NOT be required to pay the cost of application form. The application forms will not be sent by post and will not be sold
at ATC office. The due date of submission of application form is 17/05/2018 up to 5.00 pm.
Instruction To Candidates Before Apply online or Fill the Application Form:
Dear candidates please read notification carefully before going to apply online or fill the application form. Please ready the following documents before you going to apply online or fill the application form.
- National Identity card(Aadhar, PAN, Voter Id)
- SSC Marks list
- Highest Graduation Marks list.
- Passport Size photos.
- Cast Certificate (Permanent), in case of reservation.
Selection Procedure for Mumbai Post Trust Recruitment:
- The selection of eligible candidate for apprenticeship under Apprentices Act, 1961 (as amended from time to time) will be on merit based on the percentage of marks obtained by the candidates in the trade of Computer Operator and Programming Assistant (COPA).
- The merit list(s) will be displayed on notice board at the office of the Apprentice Training Manager (ATC), Mb.P.T. Workshops’, Mazgaon, Mumbai – 400 010 and also uploaded on Mb.P.T.’s website www.mumbaiport.gov.in. Probably the merit list will be displayed / upload on 24/05/2018. However, any changes in this regard
will be informed on Mb.P.T.’s website.
- The listed candidates in merit list(s) shall be called for verification of all original documents and selection procedure at ATC office. The date of reporting for verification of documents and selection procedure will be displayed on notice board at the office of the ATC and also uploaded on Mb.P.T.’s website www.mumbaiport.gov.in. The tentative date of reporting shall be from 29/05/2018 to 31/05/2018. However, any changes in this regard will be informed on Mb.P.T.’s website.
- If the applicant on the merit list 1/2/3 does not remain present and duly prepared on the specific date of reporting, their candidature will be rejected and the next applicant /s on the panel merit list will be considered. Representation of the applicant in above circumstances will not be entertained. No correspondence will
be made with the applicant in this regard.
- Selected candidate will have to undergo a Medical Examination and produce fitness certificate from the Port Trust Hospital
How To Apply For Mumbai Post Trust Recruitment 2018:
- Step 1: Applicants are required to be registered online through NCVT MIS web portal (www.apprenticeship.gov.in). The applicants are required to print apprentice registration form and note down registration number.
- Step 2: Applicants are having valid registration in NCVT MIS portal (www.apprenticeship.gov.in) mentioned above are required to download the application form from MbPT’s website ‘(www.mumbaiport.gov.in) > Media > Vacancy’ menu.
- Step 3: Applicants are required to fill application form in all respect and submit the filled up form by hand delivery or by post, so as to reach to Apprentice Training Centre, first floor, MbPT’s Workshops, N. V. Nakhwa Marg, Mazgaon (East), Mumbai – 400010 along with required documents, apprentice registration form, fees of application form etc. on and before due date. Applications received after the due date of submission and/or incomplete applications will be rejected and no further correspondence in this regard will be entertained. Mb.P.T. is not liable for postal delay / loss at any stage of communication.
- Previous MP High Court Recruitment 2018 For Dist Judge and Other Posts
- Next Groupon Mega Walkin Drive for Freshers from 2nd to 16th May 2018